E.P.I. manufactures a Prime-ether Polyurethane rubstrip for protection of boatlandings. There are many
different types of polyurethanes, some of which are not durable in saltwater and U.V. radiation. Prime-ether,
however, is the highest grade of urethane for this type of application.
Advantages of the E.P.I. Prime-ether Polyurethane Rubstrip:
- Prime-ether Polyurethane rubstrips bond chemically as well as mechanically creating the strongest bond
of any type of polymer material to steel.
- Prime-ether Polyurethane rubstrips typically can withstand elongations of 400-500%.
- Prime-ether Polyurethane rubstrips have a much lower coefficient of friction than rubber rubstrips and
are much more suited to the abrasive vertical motions of a vessel than a rubber rubstrip.
- Prime-ether Polyurethane rubstrips can be bonded to any type of steel surface as demonstrated in the E.P.I. catalog.
the structure itself
- The life expectancy of a Prime-ether Polyurethane rubstrip is typically longer than the life expectancy of the
If this page does not appear in a frame, click here to go to E.P.I.'s Home Page.
This page designed and maintained by E.P.I.
© 2000, E.P.I.
Questions and Comments to: email@example.com